Upcoming Hikes in North Idaho
Find out more about the hikes we offer in our 2014 North Idaho hiking series.
North Idaho is known for its rugged mountains, friendly mountain goats and stunning lakes.
Interested in learning about new places to hike, or just looking for great folks to hike with? Come join us!
If you want to receive notifications on upcoming events and hikes, make sure you sign up for our email alerts.
Check back soon for our summer hiking schedule! In the meantime, visit our Idaho Outdoors page for hiking ideas in North Idaho.
What You Can Do
Become a member today and protect the Idaho you love!
- North Idaho: Snow Lake Hike (North Idaho, Selkirk Crest , from Aug 31, 2014 08:00 AM to Aug 31, 2014 05:00 PM)
- One of the less visited high lakes in Idaho's Selkirk Mountains offers a wealth of reasons to shoulder a pack and take an extended hike.
- North Idaho: Chimney Rock Hike (Selkirk Mountains, north of Sandpoint, from Sep 06, 2014 08:00 AM to Sep 06, 2014 04:00 PM)
- Climb to the most well-known formation in the Selkirks on this fantastic 13-mile roundtrip hike.
- North Idaho: Thorofare Kayak from Lower to Upper Priest Lake (Priest Lake , from Sep 07, 2014 09:00 AM to Sep 07, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Priest Lake is linked to Upper Priest Lake by a narrow waterway termed the Thorofare that meanders through some of nature's most spectacular forested scenery. The entire length is protected from human development as it lies within the Upper Priest Lake Scenic Area. THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY FULL BUT DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BECAUSE PEOPLE OFTEN CANCEL AND SPOTS OPEN UP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON A WAITLIST PLEASE EMAIL ME AT RINCKJANSEN@HOTMAIL.COM or CALL AT 208-265-9565
- North Idaho: Big Fisher Lake Hike (Selkirk Mountains, north of Sandpoint, from Sep 12, 2014 07:30 AM to Sep 12, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Hike to beautiful alpine lakes with terrific views. Choose to stop and enjoy Trout Lake or continue on to Big Fisher Lakes, too.
- North Idaho: Harrison to Beehive Scramble (North Idaho, Selkirk Mountains, from Sep 14, 2014 08:00 AM to Sep 14, 2014 05:00 PM)
- Scramble across the Selkirk Crest and visit two of the most beautiful high alpine lakes in the region.
- North Idaho: Lions Head Backpack (Selkirk Mountains, near Priest Lake, from Sep 19, 2014 08:00 AM to Sep 21, 2014 05:00 PM)
- This two-night backpack trip will take the adventuresome hiker off trail to bushwhack and boulder-hop to the top of Lions Head for spectacular views of Priest Lake and the Selkirk Crest.