Hot Topic: Water for Idaho’s Future
With more than 100,000 miles of rivers, Idaho’s water resources are vast. They are also stressed and overallocated. The Idaho Water Resource Board is adopting the state’s first ever water sustainability policy to guide the use of Idaho’s water resources into the future.
The proposed policy acknowledges the magnificent natural wonders that make up Idaho. But the proposed implementation strategies place tremendous emphasis on enshrining the old approach rather than preparing for the future. Notably, the term “climate change” does not appear anywhere in the policy. Read more about Idaho’s first water sustainability policy.
More Ways ICL Protects Water
We are working hard to protect Idaho waters throughout the state.
- What’s up with the Weiser River?
- Protecting the Clark Fork Delta and Lake Pend Oreille
- Keeping water in the rivers
- Keeping groundwater clean for your drinking water
- Promoting Boise’s clean water and open space
What You Can Do
Become a member today and protect the Idaho lakes and streams that you love!