ICL’s Emerging Leaders Program
Emerging Leaders for Idaho’s Environment (ELIE) is a new initiative to broaden ICL’s base through creative channels, engaging the next generation of conservationists with the use of their unique skills and expertise. ICL’s emerging leaders will work to empower a newly involved and motivated group of up-and-coming Idaho conservationists.
From the ICL 2017-2019 Strategic Plan
“ICL is committed to innovation and continuous learning. While successful strategies from prior efforts will continue to work in many future efforts, we recognize that new ways of working will be required. We will be bold and experiment to advance our vision. In doing so, we will identify lessons learned and incorporate them into our best practices.”
ICL’s goal is to “mentor the next generation of conservationists. Just as we stand on the shoulders of those who came before, we must prepare the next generation who may approach organizational support, politics and conservation issues in evolving ways. The future of conservation will also be more diverse.”
What ELIE Will Do
Aligned with ICL’s mission, ELIE will work to create an informed and engaged conservation majority in Idaho through education, advocacy and community building experiences.
ELIE will be comprised of active community members between the ages of 25 and 39 in each region of the state (south Idaho, central Idaho, north Idaho).
ELIE will work to engage audiences between the ages of 18 and 39 in their region, with guidance from a staff liaison in each office.
- Encourage the next generation to become an active part of Idaho’s conservation community
- Create public awareness and education opportunities to engage the target audience
- Broaden the base throughout the state by gaining new members and supporters in underrepresented areas
- Allow for creative space to envision new ways of engaging with people in Idaho
A Note on Autonomy
Emerging Leaders for Idaho’s Environment will have the autonomy to come up with new and creative campaigns and strategies to meet their goals. With guidance from their staff liaison, they will reach out to their personal networks, a younger demographic and the communities they are connected to.
ELIE Members Will Participate In…
- Leadership trainings
- Workshops on conservation advocacy by ICL staff
- Strategic planning seminar with ICL board members
- Opportunities for extensive networking in the conservation community
Find Out More
ICL will put out a call for applicants in summer 2018.
For more information about this program, email Jenny.