If you care about the future of the South Fork Salmon River, there are two events the week of Dec. 5 that you should try to attend. The first event is one of the two comment writing workshops hosted by ICL and our partners, Save the South Fork Salmon (SSFS) and Idaho Rivers United (IRU). These workshops provide an overview of the mine plan, the values at risk, and tips on submitting substantive comments to the Forest Service that are most likely to make a difference. If you can only attend one event, plan to attend an ICL/SSFS/IRU Comment Writing Workshop.
Two ICL/SSFS/IRU comment writing workshops will be held:
- McCall – Dec. 5 from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Idaho First Bank Building at 475 Deinhard Ln, McCall, ID 83638
- Boise – December 8 from 6:30-7:30 at Cascade River Gear at 604 E 45th St, Garden City, ID 83714.
The second event you should try to attend is one of the official Forest Service Public Meetings. You will be able to ask questions from the specialists who conducted the analysis about the anticipated impacts of the mine.
The Forest Service is hosting three public meetings:
- McCall – Dec. 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Best Western Plus Lodge at 211 S. 3rd St.
- Cascade – Dec. 7 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the American Legion Hall at 105 W. Mill St.
- Boise – Dec. 9 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Express Airport at 3050 S. Shoshone St.
A complete copy of the draft Supplemental Draft EIS can be found here.