Job Summary: The Marketing Assistant will support ICL’s staff with a primary function of managing social media and print assets. This position is responsible for leveraging ICL’s brand identity and bringing energy to support ICL’s mission, values and goals. The Assistant will work within our External Relations team and be supervised by ICL’s Communications and Marketing Manager to execute plans and strategies that accelerate our campaigns leading to increased awareness, engagement, relevance, and respect across diverse audiences. This full-time position requires a finger on the pulse of digital media practices, and an eye for photos, video and merchandise. This is not just a job, but a journey to work with a team of conservation change makers, filled with creativity, collaboration, and a whole lot of high fives.
Classification: Full-time exempt
Location: Boise, ID
Supervisor: Communication Manager
Social Media Management (40%)
- Promote ICL through Facebook and Twitter, and manage and create content for ICL’s LinkedIn and Instagram. Create compelling photo and video content that follows current trends, matches ICL’s branding, and is timely with ICL’s program or development work. Maintain up-to-date best practices surrounding social and other digital media.
Print Assets, Branding and Merchandise (40%)
- Manage orders for print assets and merchandise, such as stickers, handouts, t-shirts, and hats, ensuring ICL stays stocked. Serve as the point of contact with graphic design contractors, marketing contractors, print and mailhouse companies to manage the production and publishing of deliverables.
- Ensures that all deliverables created follow ICL’s brand guidelines and ICL’s logo and graphic design files are kept up to date.
- Work with fellow External Relations Team members to develop creative, new merchandise ideas for distribution to members and supporters.
Analytics and Marketing Growth (10%)
- Utilize data and analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Predictive Response, and Salesforce reports to assess effectiveness of advocacy and communications platforms. Break down this data and work with fellow External Relations Team members to identify potential efforts to grow awareness and support for ICL with current and incoming supporters, under-represented communities, and the general public.
Other Tasks (10%)
- Assist Communications and Marketing Manager with small website updates using WordPress.
- Coordinate closely with staff to advance efforts to attract new advocates and members, and increase ICL’s visibility and profile with decision-makers, the general public, and targeted audiences.
- Participate in ICL meetings, retreats, etc. as needed and complete all required paperwork (timesheets, work plans, etc).
- Succeeds in a team atmosphere of developing creative ideas and then following through to production.
- The ability to organize details and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and grammar.
- Passionate about ICL’s mission and an individual who wants to learn about Idaho’s most pressing environmental issues.
- A self starter who is motivated, creative and responsible.
- A social media and marketing creator, who wants to develop other skills and find opportunities for organization growth.
- Commitment to ICL’s DEIJ plan and a desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time and located in Boise, Idaho. Idaho Conservation League offers a comprehensive wage and benefits package, generous benefits—paid health, dental, and vision insurance, and a Simple IRA with a 3% match. Salary for this position is $45,000+, depending on experience.
The Idaho Conservation League’s programs and employment are open to all. ICL does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or ability. Idaho Conservation League is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal and Idaho employment laws.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title, MARKETING ASSISTANT, in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 29.
Founded in 1973, the Idaho Conservation League has grown into Idaho’s oldest and largest state-based, non-profit natural resource conservation organization. We are a membership organization with members and supporters in every county in Idaho; a Board of Directors with statewide geographic representation; and four offices – Boise, McCall, Ketchum and Sandpoint – employing 30 staff. ICL’s mission is to create a conservation community and pragmatic, enduring solutions that protect and restore the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the land and wildlife you love. Our vision is an Idaho where public lands remain public and are well managed, air is clean, lakes and rivers are healthy, fish and wildlife thrive, and a prosperous, sustainable future exists for all Idahoans. ICL is committed to doing conservation work in an equitable and just way. Clean water, clean air, public lands, and abundant fish and wildlife should be accessible to everyone. ICL is committed to a long-term goal of broadening our work to better serve the diversity of people our work connects to, particularly those populations with traditionally underrepresented voices or marginalized communities.