Summary of Position: The Idaho Conservation League is seeking a creative, energetic, results-oriented marketing professional to increase awareness, attract new supporters and inspire advocacy to achieve the organization’s conservation mission.
Opportunity for Impact: As the state’s oldest and largest statewide conservation advocacy organization, the Idaho Conservation League (ICL) is well established as the leading voice for conservation in Idaho. Be part of our passionate team working to tackle climate change, protect public lands, restore Idaho’s rivers and protect our native fish and wildlife. You will have the opportunity to work on important conservation issues and promote the organization through development and implementation of marketing campaigns that support ICL’s priority conservation goals, connect ICL to new audiences, empower conservation advocates, gain new supporters and promote and strengthen ICL’s brand.
Learn more about the important conservation work that we do to at www.idahoconservation.org
Duties / Objectives: The Marketing Manager creates and implements innovative marketing plans that advance ICL’s conservation work, increase awareness, grassroots activism, fundraising revenue, and empower diverse audiences. The Marketing Manager will efficiently get the right materials in front of the right audiences at the right time to get the right response. This full-time position requires a flexible schedule with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities, and infrequent travel. Objectives include;
- Develop and implement strategic long and short-term marketing plans to support ICL’s conservation and development goals.
- Manage the look and feel of ICL’s marketing and communications in digital and hardcopy formats, consistent with existing brand guidelines.
- Identify and target specific digital and in person audiences.
- Utilize both paid advertising (in digital and hardcopy) and non-paid organic reach.
- Coordinate effective use of advocacy, marketing, and communication platforms and tools.
- Utilize data and analytic tools to assess and optimize effectiveness of ICL’s marketing efforts.
- Manage website design and architecture, in coordination with contractors.
- Coordinate with contractors (graphic design, advertising, website) and manage vendors (printing, mailing, merchandise and others).
- Have overall responsibility for managing the ICL brand, both internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Demonstrated marketing, advertising and presentation skills including digital, video, print and social media
- Experience developing and implementing strategic marketing plans
- Experience with website and social media platforms, including WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as digital marketing platforms (i.e. Pardot), lead generation tools and database/CRM platforms (i.e. Salesforce)
- Proficiency with SEO/SEM campaigns
- Website management experience, proficiency in (we use WordPress)
- Familiarity with Adobe, Google Suite, web analytics and Google Adwords
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interest, motivation and excitement about working on conservation issues
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- An understanding of nonprofit operating practices and requirements
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances; and work individually and within a team
Compensation and Benefits: The salary range for this position is $50,000 DOE. Employees earn annual merit based salary increases within the range, as well as receive cost of living adjustments. Benefits include fully paid health and vision insurance; a 3% retirement contribution match; 16 days paid time off (this increases over time); 2 personal days; 10 paid holidays; 3 paid volunteer service days; access to a sabbatical at 7 years, and every 5 years thereafter. ICL staff members work hard but also enjoy a flexible work environment and time to appreciate life outside of work.
Location: Boise, Idaho.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and anything else you think supports your candidacy to ICLjobs@idahoconservation.org with Marketing Manger in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, until June 3, 2022
The Idaho Conservation League’s programs and employment are open to all. ICL does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or ability.
About ICL: Founded in 1973, the Idaho Conservation League has grown into Idaho’s oldest and largest state-based, non-profit natural resource conservation organization. We are a membership organization with members and supporters in every county in Idaho; a Board of Directors with statewide geographic representation; and four offices — Boise, Ketchum, Sandpoint and McCall — employing 26 staff. ICL’s mission is to create a conservation community and pragmatic, enduring solutions that protect and restore the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the land and wildlife you love. Our vision is an Idaho where public lands remain public and are well managed, air is clean, lakes and rivers are healthy, fish and wildlife thrive, and a prosperous, sustainable future exists for all Idahoans. ICL is committed to doing conservation work in an equitable and just way. Clean water, clean air, public lands, and abundant fish and wildlife should be accessible to everyone. ICL is committed to a long-term goal of broadening our work to better serve the diversity of people our work connects to, particularly those populations with traditionally underrepresented voices or marginalized communities.