Come join ICL and the Kootenai Valley Resource Initiative for a day of learning about bears and how to reduce the chances of encounters with them while in bear country. Enter to win prizes and enjoy free hot dogs/hamburgers.
• Bear Spray Training. Come learn the importance of carrying bear spray and how to use it. Idaho Fish and Games radio-controlled charging Grizzly Bear will show you how fast these bears can run!
• Electric Fencing Workshop. Learn how to protect your livestock, animals, beehives, and chicken coops using electric fencing.
• Cider Press available. Bring your own apples and containers and make fresh apple cider using our new apple cider press. Learn the importance of picking your fruit to avoid attracting bears.
• Livestock Carcass Pick-up program. Learn about the new dead livestock pick-up program and the importance of removing dead livestock from your property.
• Camping in Bear Country. Learn how to set up a clean camp to lessen your chances of attracting bears.
• Huckleberry information and so much more!